Guage Illumination Meltdown

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

cstaup
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Guage Illumination Meltdown

Unread post by cstaup » April 15th, 2010, 9:20 pm

I melted the red lenses on the dash gauges. I had the brighter lights on for about 5 minutes. In order to remove the blobs , I had to break the bulbs. I assume that I had too high a watt for the dash. Any one ever had this happen? I never had this happen whilst in the US Army on any of my trucks.

Chris
Last 2Δ Command Group NCOIC

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Guage Illumination Meltdown

Unread post by Rainman » April 16th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Well Chris,
At this time, 60 views and zero replies. Looks like your the first one, or at least nobody else is willing to admit it. I have seen different wattage 24v bulbs on the market, but when mine have blown, I grabbed a replacement out of an old gauge cluster. With all the experience (old age) we have on this board, who'd think a young guy would get to be first at something? Your a lucky man indeed Cstaup. :lol: I do have some used T/O's your welcome to, but with a jeep as clean as yours, I'm guessing you'll go with new caps.
Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » April 17th, 2010, 6:10 am

I tried putting a 12v bulb in the high beam indicator. It burned out as soon as power was applied.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

cstaup
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by cstaup » April 17th, 2010, 8:17 pm

Rainman wrote:Well Chris,
At this time, 60 views and zero replies. Looks like your the first one, or at least nobody else is willing to admit it. I have seen different wattage 24v bulbs on the market, but when mine have blown, I grabbed a replacement out of an old gauge cluster. With all the experience (old age) we have on this board, who'd think a young guy would get to be first at something? Your a lucky man indeed Cstaup. :lol: I do have some used T/O's your welcome to, but with a jeep as clean as yours, I'm guessing you'll go with new caps.
Rainman

I have a couple more and I'm gonna hit the local Grainger for some lesser wattage 24v bulbs
Last 2Δ Command Group NCOIC