This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

tankerm60
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

REMAINING M151's & A1's

Unread post by tankerm60 » October 10th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Hi Ken,

I was just curious about your findings in your research a couple years back. With the Contract # and quantities produced, what were your results-HUSH HUSH now. The G men could still be interested :roll: With your research and input from owners, how many survive compared to the numbers produced.

Breakdown: How many Strait FORD M151's
" " " Willys m151's
" " " Kaiser m151's
" " " Ford M151a1's survive today ? I know this can ever be exact, but what have you personally found so far.

Tanks Again,
Dave-TankerM60

70mford151a2
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: REMAINING M151's & A1's

Unread post by 70mford151a2 » October 10th, 2009, 11:02 pm

what no A2's I have a'70 ford A2 low budd #= in the 2300's doesn't that count, I understand that this A2 is the tail end of the ford A1 contract. so if it counts I know of one

thankyou thankyou very much............Elvis
Dave Collins :D

muttguru
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by muttguru » October 11th, 2009, 12:49 pm

tankerm60 wrote:Hi Ken,

I was just curious about your findings in your research a couple years back. With the Contract # and quantities produced, what were your results-HUSH HUSH now. The G men could still be interested :roll: With your research and input from owners, how many survive compared to the numbers produced.

Breakdown: How many Strait FORD M151's
" " " Willys m151's
" " " Kaiser m151's
" " " Ford M151a1's survive today ? I know this can ever be exact, but what have you personally found so far.

Tanks Again,
Dave-TankerM60
Dave,
I wish I could give a meaningful answer! Here's some information to start:-

1. Ford M151 vehicles - around 70 known, plus others where just the dataplate exists, or the plate is attached to a Willys/Kaiser (or the other way round).
2. Willys/Kaiser - around 55 known....plus as above.
3. For M151A1s (Ford)....lots more but will need to get my abacus out.

These are vehicles that I know about (owners have contacted me) or I've personally seen the vehicle. There are lots more that are not identifiable due to tags removed and dataplates missing. There are many other countries that used them and now have sold them to civilians (my friend in Iran sent me photos of huge lines of mutts there). Egypt had some, Libya had lots. Thailand had quite a few. VietNam still has lots. Mexico had lots (many still there).Barstow sold off hundreds, most of which came to Europe with some going to Japan etc etc. So it all depends on how wide the search is.....the short (and only sensible answer) is that there are still lots more mutts out there than we think.
Kind regards....
Ken

Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Contact address - - muttguru@aol.com

Note for 2023..... Ken..."Less Stress - More Exercise!"

tankerm60
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by tankerm60 » October 11th, 2009, 4:13 pm

Hi Ken,

As allways, your help is humbling. Did you see my post on the waterpump pulley ?

Tanks Alot,

Dave-TankerM60

1963 M151
1967 M151a1