Early M151 I bought for parts

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

ppauto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Early M151 I bought for parts

Unread post by ppauto » September 11th, 2009, 9:35 pm

I just bought this. I believe it's an early M151but different from my other one. This one has single horn hood latches and the old push button style parking brake. No turn signal flanges on the fenders. The turn signals were added. The horn is different. The front bumper is much taller that any I've seen. Does this belong here? There are no cowl vents. My other early M151 that I've been told is a Fruehauf body has 2 cowl vents. Is this a Budd body?I was hoping to get a good transmission. If you look at the pictures, you can see that I still don't have a useable transmission. Although, this one does make my other one look really good. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Early M151 I bought for parts

Unread post by Rainman » September 12th, 2009, 8:42 am

Hey PP,
If it comes down to parting out that early, I have a list of items I'm looking for. :roll: I'm not so sure that front bumper is original. Once again, I'm on the laptop. :?
Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

ppauto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by ppauto » September 12th, 2009, 7:26 pm

I pulled the engine out this afternoon and was scraping grease from the frame and look what I found. I've heard of these mysterious foil labels. I found one. Muttguru, can you tell me anything about this?ImageImage

ppauto
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by ppauto » September 12th, 2009, 8:14 pm

This Mutt was painted white early on. Every time I remove a part, there is white paint under it. I'm talking about parts that I wouldn't expect to be removed to paint like the horn, voltage regulator, starter button box, dimmer switch. Everything under the dash is painted white. Someone did a thouough job painting the body white and then bolted the unpainted parts back on. I find this strange.

muttguru
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by muttguru » September 13th, 2009, 4:39 am

ppauto wrote:I just bought this. My other early M151 that I've been told is a Fruehauf body has 2 cowl vents. Is this a Budd body?

This latest one is a Willy/Kaiser vehicle.

Your other one is a Ford. :D

Hope this helps.....
Kind regards....
Ken

Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Contact address - - muttguru@aol.com

Note for 2023..... Ken..."Less Stress - More Exercise!"