Free Engines for Sale

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Free Engines for Sale

Unread post by Rainman » July 30th, 2009, 7:25 pm

Got a call today from the shop that has stored my 7 spare A1 engines. They're loosing their lease and I need to get them moved. I have no other space to store them, so after I go through and get the transmissions I want to keep, they will have to be scraped unless someone here wants them. They are located in Akron, and will need to be picked up in the next 2 weeks. If nobody wants them I will pull the starters and 25 amp generators and other easy pull items. They have been stored outdoors for years, the last 2 years under tarps. There were no carbs on them when I got them, no distributors, starters and generators are few.
Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

rickf
General
General

Re: Free Engines for Sale

Unread post by rickf » July 30th, 2009, 7:56 pm

I'll take the distributors and a set of 2 groove pulley's. I would suggest you keep the flywheels. I will also take all of the lines.
Rick
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » July 30th, 2009, 11:41 pm

Hey Rick,
Sorry, no distributors in the bunch. I don't have any time these days to strip and part them out. If I had that kind of time Rick, I'd be making your orthotics, and getting to Fed-Ex for Moose. :D I'm going over tomorrow to see what I'll need to separate 2 of the trannys. Will also take a camera for "as is" pictures. Rec'd a PM from within a couple hundred miles that may be interested in taking them. Checking times, Ricks response was actually first to be sent, and I'll check into pully situation. I had rented a trailer and drove damn near to NJ to save these from the scrap heap a couple years ago. Bought them from an MV guy named Dan Ball. Babyone Frank claimed they had been his and he'd been cheated out of them years before I got them. I sure hate to loose them, but I have little choice. Renting a storage unit for $100 a month to store them is out of the question. My M101 trailer is already full of other parts, and these baby's weigh what, 700lbs each. They'll fit, but overload a car hauler, cause that's what I did to get them here. I'll get with my contacts tomorrow with details.
Rainman

cstaup
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by cstaup » July 31st, 2009, 5:38 am

Ray,

I could swing up and "rescue" one.
Last 2Δ Command Group NCOIC

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » July 31st, 2009, 9:11 am

Chris,your offer of rescue is noted, thanks.
The question has also come up... "do they spin". My guess is that 6 of them do, and the 7th has been without valve cover for far longer than I have owned it, but I am guessing at this time. Not sure if that one is with or without transmission. I'll do my best to answer that before anyone officially commits an effort. I don't want anyone to get stuck spending money to pick up what should have been scrap anyway. I'll do my best to inform those interest so far. :) Pictures will be snapped. Even the worst of them have parts like internals, brackets, nuts, bolts and oil pans etc.
Rainman

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » July 31st, 2009, 9:46 am

cstaup :shock: WTF is with the new avatar? How dare you sir! :evil:
Had to copy it for proof of your action, even after you change it. :lol:
Rainman

vtdeucedriver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by vtdeucedriver » July 31st, 2009, 9:18 pm

LOL,, I was wondering whats wrong with the boobies, then it LITTERLY took me a min to notice the G503.................yea how dare you!!! I go to bed now.
Jeff
Army Transportation Assoc Vietnam, Associate Member
Vietnam Veterans Assoc, Associate Member
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club
1968 M52A2
1968 M54A2
1968 M151A1
1964 M151A1
1953 M62
1951 M37
" I am deuceless" Sold them all.

halftracknut
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by halftracknut » July 31st, 2009, 9:20 pm

You'll put your eye out.... :shock: HTN
slowest mutt east of the missippi..

stoney_bogg

Unread post by stoney_bogg » July 31st, 2009, 9:22 pm

Interested in an engine or two if they are reasonable in price. Does the site have a way to lift them into a pickup?
Would they be around on a weekend?