a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

muttero
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

what you think about her?

Unread post by muttero » March 10th, 2009, 5:10 am

Hi all,

I am new on the forum, I am an spanish addict young US military vehicles ( I currently own a Dodge WC51, cj3b mitsubishi willys, a M201 Hotchkiss among others) and know I am planning to adquire a M151a2. I have one on radar, but I would like to know your expert opinion before deciding. I would like you to tell all what can be said trough the pictures, Tell what you see, what you think, what are the missing parts, and what you think would be a good price for it.

The seller says: technically controlled, engine runs, windshield frame with new glass, new wiper engine attached, new tarpaulin. Various works with electrical system inevitably. Bodywork never cut!

I will really appreciate al what you could tell me about her.

Thank you so much
1977 AMG M151 A2
1955 Oldsmobile Super 88
109" lightweight LR Santana
1951 Motobecane Av3
1956 Motobecane Av78
1981 Land Rover Santana 88" Especial
1978 series III 109" land rover Santana
Gone: M37b1, WC51, willys jeeps, M201 jeeps land rovers and so....

mrdibbles
Colonel
Colonel

Re: what you think about her?

Unread post by mrdibbles » March 10th, 2009, 6:58 am

Welcome to the G838 Muttero. From where I sit that looks like a really clean Mutt :) It's especially nice that it comes with the Heater Kit. You didn't mention price so I can't comment there but just looking at the pictures I would say that looks like a great little M151A2.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 250GD Wolf - Former German Army
St. Augustine, Florida

muttero
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by muttero » March 10th, 2009, 7:11 am

Hi Mr Dibbles,

At first say thank you very much for the help. I don´t want to tell the price yet, in order to not influence in your stamation according with what you see.

Thanks again Mr. Dibbles, I didn´t know about it has heater kit.

Thank you very much
1977 AMG M151 A2
1955 Oldsmobile Super 88
1951 Motobecane Av3
1956 Motobecane Av78

sherwan_88
Major
Major

Unread post by sherwan_88 » March 10th, 2009, 8:49 am

HI Muttero

Welcome to G838

First i'd like to say this Mutt is a damn fine piece. One rarely find a piece like this.

Hmmm, missing parts, well you're missing lifting shackles for the front bumper, the shovel on the right side, the axe on the left side. Dash Data plates, Wiper motor and assembly, 4x4 lever knob, indicator turn lever assembly, these are the things i can see from the pictures. Don't worry mine is missing a lot more parts then this. :)
But if you ask if this a good piece, my say is Hell Yeah!, you would not need to spend any money on basic parts, just the add on's. How is it that it has been never cut? Is it in the USA?

Well about the price, I am not familiar with the price of M151's in the USA, but i sure did buy mine for $1200 in Pakistan, Mine is scrap compared to yours. Guy's on this forum are experts on Mutts, they will help you out with everything.

That is a damn fine MUTT! I will say that without a doubt.

Sherwan
Sherwan

1982 M825 (Former)
Muttless at the moment. :(
The Last Of Its Kind. A Ton Of American Steel.

Muttland
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by Muttland » March 10th, 2009, 9:33 am

Hola Muttero:
Los faltantes a la vista ya fuero indicados, faltaría ver el compartimiento del motor.
Hacer una revisación técnica del mismo lo mismo que del tren de transmisión. La diferencia puede estar por allli.
El precio justo es difícil definirlo, ya que depende de cada país, y de sus reglas de importación, costos internos etc.
habría que chequear precios en España, o en Francia donde si hay muchos Mutts a la venta, algunos en muy buenas condiciones.
Para nada se comparan los precios en Usa, ya que ellos tienen "todo" a la mano, y los pedidos llegan en pocos dias sin trámites engorrosos y caros.
He visto Mutts a la venta hasta de U$s 70.000,00 en sudamerica, y he comprado en remates algunos por U$s 500,00
El abanico es mucho.
Si esta bien de carrocería y la mecánica esta bien, vos compara con los precios locales. El precio en Pakistán o en Uruguay no creo que te sirvan para nada de comparación.
La base que muestran las fotos está mas que aceptable para una rápida restauración.

saludos
Enrique
M151-A1 1966 M416 1966

halftracknut
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by halftracknut » March 10th, 2009, 9:37 am

looks great , you should buy it....small parts are easy to get...complete jeep is hard to find....
slowest mutt east of the missippi..

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » March 10th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Congratulations on the new A2 and welcome to the board. Looks like a dandy find, I am in agreement with the rest. Obviously the underbody and the engine are critical in the pricing, but from what I have seen here in the US, an equivalent to yours could go from $3,000 to $7,000. It looks to be very complete and solid.

Missing parts, what Sherwan said and the round rear view mirror is missing, the side mirror should be rectangular. Gas can is going the wrong direction, as to let fuel leak directly onto the exhaust. Vinyl seat cushions and side curtains and door frames and skins too if they are not included with the sale. I don't see a fire extinguisher bracket on the fender behind the driver seat, but that's not unusual. Let us see more pictures when you can, so we all jump in there with an estimated price for you.

Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

muttero
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by muttero » March 11th, 2009, 5:42 am

Hi again friends,

I have to say that I am learning a lot from this great forum. A want to say thanks to all of you that have helped me in this post.

Having some feedback from you regarding the price, know I can tell it: without knowing the state of the engine and gearbox, the seller is asking 8.500 euros, which seems to be a little bit expensive. I will consider some other possibilities.

Again, thank you so much for your information.
1977 AMG M151 A2
1955 Oldsmobile Super 88
1951 Motobecane Av3
1956 Motobecane Av78

Muttland
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by Muttland » March 11th, 2009, 8:54 am

TRAY IN:

http://www.dodgeram.fr/

A lot of Mutt in France withing EUROPE
M151-A1 1966 M416 1966