Getting ready to fight coronavirus

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

bazookajoe
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Getting ready to fight coronavirus

Unread post by bazookajoe » March 14th, 2020, 2:11 pm

Im just really hoping they dont cancel any MV shows this summer. Its not like everyone is in close proximity to each other,yes...many people but they are spread out. So ....my vote is let the shows continue!!!

Hambone
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Hambone » March 14th, 2020, 4:29 pm

It's getting crazy, everything is being cancelled, it's called "flattening the curb" :roll: , so when the schools close, where will people carry their kids?, movies, malls, skating or McDonalds playground?, though the kids are relatively safe, they can still carry the virus, Most don't understand what is going on, they feed off the media and start to panic, I damn sure wouldn't be buying toilet paper. :roll:

Mark
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Mark » March 14th, 2020, 4:45 pm

I don't understand what toilet paper has to do with it, unless in the last stages they quit making it/run out but it should rank up behind food
Last edited by Mark on March 15th, 2020, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark

1968 m274A5
1960 m151
1981 m151A2
1964 m416
1971 m416

lpcoating
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by lpcoating » March 14th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Our area has some schools closed for almost 4 weeks. We are meeting Monday to discuss how this will impact our shop as we'll have people with younger children that won't have options for child care.

Guy
M151 Body Panels - http://www.m151bodypanels.com/

'68 A1 - Under full resto

mike_v
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by mike_v » March 14th, 2020, 7:16 pm

lpcoating wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 6:21 pm
Our area has some schools closed for almost 4 weeks. We are meeting Monday to discuss how this will impact our shop as we'll have people with younger children that won't have options for child care.

Guy
Now PA is going to shut down liquor stores...

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/across-p ... s-outbreak

Unreal...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1974 M151A2 w/ ROPS, heater, radios and M416 trailer

1986 M925 w/w 5 ton

2x M1008 CUCVs
3x M1009 CUCVs + 1x CUCV II
1x M1010 + 1x M1031 CUCV

1990 M101A2 .75 ton trailer (Kasel)
1992 M101A3 .75 ton trailer (Kasel)
1992 M149A2 "Water Buffalo" (Aero)
1995 M105A3 1.5 ton trailer (Pribbs)
2005 M1082 LMTV 2.5 ton trailer (Stewart & Stevenson)

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » March 14th, 2020, 10:32 pm

If someone tells me I cannot leave the property, maybe I'll get some things done that I would otherwise avoid. BRING IT ON!

Cheers,
TJ

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » March 14th, 2020, 10:35 pm

If there's an enforced quarantine, the Jehovah's Witnesses will know you're home!

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » March 15th, 2020, 8:13 am

As I recall, all liquor sales in Pennsylvania are done in state owned or controlled stores and there is little or no competition. Consequence of foolishly giving the government monopoly power of what should be private enterprise.
mike_v wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 7:16 pm

Now PA is going to shut down liquor stores...

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/across-p ... s-outbreak

Unreal...
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » March 15th, 2020, 10:11 am

France and Spain are shutting down except for essential businesses...among which are tobacco stores.

PRIORITIES, people! We gotta have PRIORITIES!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We aren't hearing much from our members across the briny. Sorry if our lighthearted humor offends. Wishing all of you the very best.

Cheers,
TJ

muttguru
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by muttguru » March 15th, 2020, 1:44 pm

m3a1 wrote:
March 15th, 2020, 10:11 am
We aren't hearing much from our members across the briny. Sorry if our lighthearted humor offends. Wishing all of you the very best.
Cheers, TJ
Hello TJ and everyone. Don't worry about us here in the UK. Matt Hancock, our clueless Secretary of Health has several solutions:

1.It took FIVE weeks for this retard to even think about stopping the bi-weekly flights from Wuhan to London, thereby allowing over 2,000 possible virus carriers to enter the UK (2 flights per week x 5 weeks x 200+ passengers each flight). He didn't even stop those flights. It was the Chinese government who did that.

2. He's now threatening ALL 70+ year-olds with four months of house arrest. No kidding.

Needless to say, nothing gets us normally peaceable old folk riled up and ready to fight than the likes of Hancock telling us we have to stay indoors for up to FOUR months. Hell, even our Winter doesn't go on for that long.....so there's no chance that us oldies are going to comply and miss our one week when the sun actually shines here !
Get the old tires and BBQ lighter-fluid ready. :twisted:
Ken
Kind regards....
Ken

Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Contact address - - muttguru@aol.com

Note for 2023..... Ken..."Less Stress - More Exercise!"

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » March 15th, 2020, 5:20 pm

Well, the parking lot of the church near me was less full but they're still crowding in there. I guess no one thought about holding services outdoors. There has been noticeably less traffic on my street, which is a main thoroughfare. The hike & bike trail goes right by my house. Guess what I saw. Families outside, enjoying the weather, enjoying being together and enjoying riding their bikes. There are going to be some huge positives from all of this, believe me. More people discovering the value of family time, for one thing. Meanwhile, I'm doing what I always do. Staying home and playing with my toys. I have enough projects here to last me a good long time. Made some headway on the Doom Buggy (my son's name for it). Follow my progress on Beverly Hillbillies.

Cheers,
TJ

Hambone
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Hambone » March 15th, 2020, 7:34 pm

Had a busy weekend at the store, people are going fishing. :D

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » March 15th, 2020, 9:31 pm

Sorry about your plight Ken :(

But some of us have argued for years that "single payer" also means "single decider".

We are told that you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Unfortunately, those that use that phrase never seem to deliver the omelet.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » March 16th, 2020, 3:39 pm

Maybe I'll get to the Doom Buggy today. Maybe I won't. Had an interesting weekend. The wife wanted IHOP pancakes before starting her long week at the hospital. I laughed and told her that was a strange request for a 'last meal'... :lol: But whatever's gonna happen hasn't happened here, yet. We did go to the IHOP and the place was, quite literally, empty of customers. It was fabulous. Food was hot and on time. I suppose folks have just decided they'd rather save their money for groceries.

Going with my gut, I'm predicting in our area, we'll see a peak in this in about a month. IMHO, the present is not the time to hunker down. Build your resources now and conserve them for later because later, many people will have shot their bolt. They will have expended their reserves and will be anxious to go out and get more....whether they are healthy or not. That will be the time to hunker down. Meanwhile, enjoy yourselves! My disclaimer is, if your particular area is already eyeball deep in it this may have already come to pass.

Speaking of groceries, I drifted over to our local grocery today mostly out of curiosity (and to get some laundry detergent). Our grocery chain (HEB) is doing a pretty good job of keeping up but I could still see that certain foodstuffs are favorites so, I took note of what seemed to be flying off the shelves, just for future reference. If I can do meals without the things everyone else is going after, all the better. Sometimes it just pays to stand back and watch.

Cheers,
TJ

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » March 16th, 2020, 9:04 pm

You know, Sometimes he sounds like he knows what he is talking about. :mrgreen:
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100