So you think YOU have it bad in your state?

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

rickf
General
General

So you think YOU have it bad in your state?

Unread post by rickf » July 23rd, 2020, 4:05 pm

Here is an article from my local paper. This is actually not far from me and the second guy in the pic is the brother on one of my neighbors. I am going to try to get some more accurate info on this. I am betting the "explosives" were probably Tannerite. But those notwithstanding he had the "Ghost gun", the high capacity magazine and oh boy, the silencer! The mother of all things illegal!! Those three things alone are 15 years. Anybody have some property to sell? Cheap!
Click on the picture and it comes up full size and right side up.
Ghost gun in NJ_20200723_0001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: So you think YOU have it bad in your state?

Unread post by raymond » July 23rd, 2020, 9:46 pm

Rick

Get out while you can. Missouri is a free state, especially if you stay away from St. Louis, Columbia, and K.C. Property is reasonable. Might even come out ahead in the move from what I've seen property in N.J. go for.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » July 23rd, 2020, 9:47 pm

P.S. I understand there is a mass exodus from NYC to areas like yours. Might be a good selling opportunity :idea:
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

mutt and jeff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by mutt and jeff » July 24th, 2020, 9:06 am

Can you post the name of the paper so I can search their archives and maybe get my computer to read it to me? The recent trend in law enforcement is to arrest someone and charge them with everything remotely on the books and scare the heck out of the detainee so that they think they will get 100 years in prison. Then plead it down to a large fine and community service and time served, because, don't even think about bail, and no court, no tril, etc.
They'll come up with RICO and other Federal charges just to mix the pot.

With everything else going on in this world, this is where we need to spend our time and resources? The world is going crazy.

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » July 24th, 2020, 9:51 am

The paper is The Burlington County Times and the Date was 7/22/2020. Believe me, these charges are all real and they will stick, been done before for much more minor stuff than this. They will use this guy as a poster child! Murphy is still incensed that he got zero turn ins when he outlawed high capacity magazines. From what I have read the State Police recorded no turn ins of magazines. He was even talking about search and seizure at one point until he was convinced that would be not only illegal but a really bad idea all around. So NOW he finally found some of those mags, you know they will make the best of it. Plus the silencer! They have never been legal in NJ and never will be. That is like getting a permit to carry here. Ain't gonna happen unless you are a retired cop. Here is a link to the paper but I think you have to pay to get on so I downloaded the article and added it here.

https://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/
22_Burlington County Times__A__7.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

199th mp
Major
Major

Unread post by 199th mp » July 24th, 2020, 4:56 pm

rick, you might find this interesting. the LEOSA act passed a few years back, authorizes former MP's, who meet the criteria, to obtain a federal concealed carry permit, good in all 50 states, and for airplane carry. the criteria is high, and difficult to meet. once you have that permit, troubles are SUPPOSED to go away. the MP's on my group page, who have qualified and received that permit, have reported that there are two states who are ignoring it, actually going so far as to arrest and charge them criminally. new york and new jersey.

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » July 25th, 2020, 9:51 am

BTW, there is no such thing as a "high capacity magazine" :!: They are "standard capacity magazines" :idea:

Any magazine that holds less is a "low capacity magazine".
Raymond

Mark
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Mark » July 25th, 2020, 10:33 am

I would say also you can put in as many bullets as you want in a magazine/clip(loading device), to capacity/below capacity.I have heard also the magazine referred to as a clip.
mark

1968 m274A5
1960 m151
1981 m151A2
1964 m416
1971 m416

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » July 26th, 2020, 10:31 am

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... jvLsC6haGM

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

199th mp
Major
Major

Unread post by 199th mp » July 27th, 2020, 9:09 am

here is some information on the LEOSA act. since active service MP's are federal cops, it applies to them under a strict, and very narrow, set of circumstances. i don't qualify for it, but several other MP's in my group have, and have received their permits.
https://leosaonline.com/

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » July 27th, 2020, 12:04 pm

Now it is going to get even tougher, A prison guard was at the local urology place, same place I will be at next week. Trying to get something straightened out about his dad. Apparently it was not going well so he pulled his 40 cal and shot the girl square in the chest. Bullet passed through and hit a patient behind her in the knee. Then he walked out and drove off. He did come back later and surrendered but there you go. Most of the shootings involving legally carried guns are done by off duty officers that are just strung a bit to far out. I guarantee the governor will jump all over this one. I knew the girl he shot, always pleasant, never short with anyone and always got the job done. Unlike many others in that office.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

199th mp
Major
Major

Unread post by 199th mp » July 27th, 2020, 12:31 pm

rickf wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 12:04 pm
Now it is going to get even tougher, A prison guard was at the local urology place, same place I will be at next week. Trying to get something straightened out about his dad. Apparently it was not going well so he pulled his 40 cal and shot the girl square in the chest. Bullet passed through and hit a patient behind her in the knee. Then he walked out and drove off. He did come back later and surrendered but there you go. Most of the shootings involving legally carried guns are done by off duty officers that are just strung a bit to far out. I guarantee the governor will jump all over this one. I knew the girl he shot, always pleasant, never short with anyone and always got the job done. Unlike many others in that office.
wow. that's one of the most egregious examples i have heard in some time.

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » July 28th, 2020, 9:49 pm

One more reason to get the he!! out of there :idea:
Liberals do not believe in punishing the many for the acts of the deranged few,...............unless it involves firearms :!:
Raymond

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » July 28th, 2020, 10:42 pm

acudanut wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 10:31 am
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... jvLsC6haGM

Pictures are worth a thousand words.
crickets lol

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » July 28th, 2020, 11:14 pm

The clip is inserted into the magazine well of the M1 Garand. The clip (whatever its capacity may be) is a necessary component that must be present to fire the M1 Garand. The weapon will not operate correctly without it. Thus, the clip is a functional subcomponent of the M1 Garand's magazine. And you can take that information straight to the bank.

Cheers,
TJ
"This is my Gama Goat. There are many like her, but this one is mine."