M416 getting ready for resale

need more space? add a M416 trailer! and discuss it here.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Redlight
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

M416 getting ready for resale

Unread post by Redlight » October 23rd, 2020, 9:33 pm

I bid and won a M416 trailer in NH. It had been stored inside during it's 30 life with the previous owner. There is minimal surface rust and even the lights connecter pins are clean. My plan is to paint the tub floor black as well as the frame. I have a new data plate to install as they cut a tail gate in the trailer and through away the Data Plate. I will use information from the previous registration for the stamping. In Mass you do not need a title to register and get a plate.
HOOKSETT 1.JPG
HOOKSETT 3.jpg
HOOKSETT 4.jpg
HOOKSETT 5.jpg
HOOKSETT 6.jpg
While the floor looks like it is rusty. it is the OD paint under the DPW orange.
I have to check the connector for the lights with my Mutt, they should work fine.
It will be on sale during the rehab process , they price will very depending on how much work I do. I can weld up the tail gate, install LED bulbs in the existing lights , install gama goat lens and even install current large (NATO Style) lights.
Thanks for looking, I went back and totalized the number of trailer that I have rehabbed over the years and this is number 22. I also have the USMC trailer that will be my winter project. That one will be number 23.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.