Military vehicle museum auction!!

Here is where you can post Reenacting gear you would like to sell

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery, moose53

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Military vehicle museum auction!!

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » December 4th, 2018, 1:32 pm

The Idaho Military Vehicle museum has decided to close its doors for good. We are having an online auction that ends February 18th, 2019. It can be found at www.jbsauctions.com
There are tons of clothing, gun mounts, comm gear, a few vehicles, cannon and artillery stuff, and parts out the whazoo. WW2 through present day stuff. Please take a look and see if there is anything that strikes your fancy. I live a few minutes away from it, and if need be, I can go over and get further details for something.
I really don't want to see anything tossed out or scrapped. Tell everyone you know.

Thanks gentlemen.

m75
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: Military vehicle museum auction!!

Unread post by m75 » December 5th, 2018, 2:44 pm

When will the auction begin? I checked the site, and no information is currently available as to contents, etc.
Jim Peterson
SGM, 31B Retired 2015
1961 M151 -Sold
1974 M151A2, Working It!

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » December 5th, 2018, 7:18 pm

I am heading over Friday (12-07-18) to help Alex (Idaho Motor Pool) with the photos. The auction company is supposed to be there in the morning, and expects to be done late in the afternoon, so hopefully the auction website will have the items posted soon thereafter. If anything changes, I will advise.

Surveyor
Terminal

Unread post by Surveyor » December 6th, 2018, 10:48 am

Thanks for the heads up. I see they have some pics up at http://www.idahomotorpool.com/

That looks like it will be a good one.
Be on the lookout for m30 mortar parts... Jason has been looking for some for awhile now I believe.
1960 M151 Run #1
"There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove....." - K8icu
"She ain't a Cadillac and she ain't a Rolls, But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio" - Aaron Tippin

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » December 7th, 2018, 3:10 pm

HEMMIT MK Trailer ? Worthless without the Cab/chassis. I know this vehicle very well as a mechanic. In the Marines, we called them Dragon Wagons. Oshkosh Mk48/14 LVS delivery.
2 stroke diesel engines. yes...You heard me correct. Very powerful engines that the EPA denied the public to own. .

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » December 7th, 2018, 5:18 pm

The M26 Dragon Wagon of the late 40's was the REAL Dragon Wagon. https://www.warhistoryonline.com/milita ... oving.html
Here is a good look at the old Dragon Wagon, Take a look at the drivers position, This is when men were REAL men to drive that thing!
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2012/10/2 ... ry-museum/

And the series 60 V8 Detroit Diesel was used in millions of over the road trucks. True, they were eventually discontinued for emissions but they were not illegal. They were roughly 650 horsepower depending on how they were tuned. The old 12V-71 Detroits were substantially stronger. I used to drive a 12V71 in a Brockway and also in a Diamond Reo tractor. I am sure Mr. Recovery remembers those old beasts well as a driver.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » December 7th, 2018, 11:22 pm

I spent all morning there today sorting out the comm gear. It is mostly done and awaiting the auction people to get it up on their auction site. They were going to do vehicle parts next. (I had to leave.)

If anyone has any questions about anything there, I can run over and get further details. The guy running the auction site said things should be posted within a few days at the most. I sure don't want to see this stuff thrown out!!!

Oh yeah, I was planning on heading to the Plymouth,Ca show (formerly the Lodi/Petaluma show) in April, and depending on how big something is, I can bring it down with me of that helps anyone (and they are not in a big hurry for their stuff).

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » December 10th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Great pictures of a lot of good stuff !! I did not know Museums had hundreds of tires lying around. ? :?:

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » December 12th, 2018, 10:03 pm

The Auction site was up and now down ?

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » December 14th, 2018, 9:45 am

To clarify: The museum is on the same property as Idaho Motor Pool, hence the piles of tires, etc in some of the photos. The museum is being closed and sold off, NOT Idaho Motor Pool!
The auction people came out a week or so ago, and have been there off and on over the ,last week taking pictures. We were told by the auction people the pictures and information would be on their auction website a few days ago, but alas.....nothing yet. I was on the phone with Alex (owner/operator of Idaho Motor Pool about this very subject last night. He was suppose to cal them and use his outside voice in regards to getting this thing rolling this AM.

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » December 14th, 2018, 10:19 am

Considering the auction is 2 months off I would not worry to much about it. It is not like it is first come first serve. It is an auction and everyone will have a fair chance at buying every piece that is for sale. Keep in mind that Bill is not running this, he is only putting it on here so that it gets more exposure. He is at the mercy of those in charge. Don't push him for answers he can't give. There is plenty for sale on the motor pool site if you are in a hurry :lol:
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » December 19th, 2018, 1:41 am

some of it is back up !!

halftracknut
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by halftracknut » December 19th, 2018, 1:53 am

If I just win the powerball....I could buy a trailer for my jeep...
slowest mutt east of the missippi..

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » December 19th, 2018, 6:06 pm

Ok!!! As of today, most of the stuff is posted.

I can and will help in any way. I just don't want this stuff to be thrown away.

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » December 19th, 2018, 8:59 pm

Well........................................ You can give it all to me and you will never have to worry about it ever being thrown away. It is a well known fact I NEVER throw ANYTHING away. Ask anyone who has been to my place. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And then you could write it all off on taxes as a donation to the disabled since I am fully disabled. :mrgreen:
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed