Sherman Tank parts for sale

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Sherman Tank parts for sale

Unread post by m3a1 » December 15th, 2020, 10:41 pm

Just a quick one-and-done. Here's your opportunity to become part-owner of a Sherman tank. Buy both and you become part-owner of TWO Sherman tanks. Them's some serious bragging rights! :lol:

I have these listed on the G503 but don't want to forget my pals on the G838 so here goes -

Two Sherman Tank winter windshield kits for sale

To answer the common question being posed to me, I don't know if these are for large or small hatch Shermans. Until someone comes up with some measurements and tells me what the difference is between the two, I cannot answer with any degree of certainty.

The first one has better canvas. Neither of these have been tested in any way. Glass is completely intact on both.

Second one is not quite as nice, canvas-wise but enough left to make a decent pattern. The frames for the canvas move without a lot of resistance on both units.

Cheers,
TJ

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Re: Sherman Tank parts for sale

Unread post by m3a1 » December 16th, 2020, 8:53 pm

measurements -
IMG_4165.jpeg
IMG_4167.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » December 17th, 2020, 12:28 am

Finally found an image of one in use.
unnamed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » December 30th, 2020, 12:53 am

One left and it's the lesser of the two. Examination of the toggle switches reveals they are probably not working well...if at all.

Cheers,
TJ