a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Quick Links

Unread post by m3a1 » December 10th, 2020, 2:18 pm

Subject: Did You Know?

This is chiefly for our new members, both of whom seem like they're going to be valuable additions to our little cabal.

Like many other sites, G838 provides some very useful shortcuts to getting satisfaction out of the site, reaching out to others and generally getting ahead in life.

I give you - Quick Links
IMG_4084.jpeg
Most are self explanatory. The point is, this function can really you help navigate through the site with a great deal of ease.

For example, I usually start my day with clicking on Unread Posts. If you're new here, everything is going to be 'Unread' so, after you get tired of rooting around in years of old posts until your eyes bleed, go to Mark All Read and click on it and instantly you'll be all caught up.
IMG_4085.jpeg
All the old posts that you just marked read are still there. Just use the search box to help focus your reading to a far more manageable level.

Use Your Post as an easy way to get back to posts you have commented upon but are no longer active. As a bonus, it also happens to be an easy way to find a member you want to get back to (since our brains actually remember events far more easily than our brains remember specific details such as names).

Cheers,
TJ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by m3a1 on December 10th, 2020, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lpcoating
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Quick Links

Unread post by lpcoating » December 10th, 2020, 3:32 pm

I like using the "Active Topics" button. However, I don't think it captures all active topics. For example, last time I looked it ignores "Favorite Pictures" thread.

Guy
M151 Body Panels - http://www.m151bodypanels.com/

'68 A1 - Under full resto

Anarchy99
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Quick Links

Unread post by Anarchy99 » December 11th, 2020, 4:32 pm

I appreciate the help. I've been slowly going through a ton of stuff on the forums. Did the mark all read trick. I definently like this forum better than others related to m151 stuff.
1966 M151A1
416 trailer
Navy Guy