Getting stuff delivered

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

1SGCAV77
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Getting stuff delivered

Unread post by 1SGCAV77 » August 7th, 2020, 10:03 am

New guy at USPS most likely is kin folk to someone in do nothing Congress. Needed to get him out of their basement. Probably never ran anything but his mouth. Never had to make payroll because always on government teat. Some more of the old screwup move up. Don’t you love it when you stand in line at Post Office, you are next up, the clerk puts sign up saying
“window closed”. It is my break time. Real customer service. Ok....my gripe session is over.
MSG, USAR (Ret) 31Jan99
MOS- 63T5H
M151A1- Ford
M416-1967 CEMSCO

mutt and jeff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by mutt and jeff » August 7th, 2020, 5:48 pm

Expecting delivery from Midwest Military. UPS sent email saying delivery on Thursday. Thursday comes and goes and on Friday I get an email that the new delivery date is next Monday. So, it seems all are in the same situation. I picture this huge warehouse like in the Indiana Jones movie where all these packages are piling up until they get the help they need after the Kung Flu and then everyone will get 10 packages a day for two weeks straight.

mutt and jeff
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by mutt and jeff » August 15th, 2020, 11:01 am

UPS has announced that they will raise shipping rates by $1 to $4 per package. So we get to pay more for less. And I wonder why UPS and Fed/Ex can make money shipping parcel for less money that the USPS. Perhaps the overnight stuff offsets the ground stuff.