M151 DIFFERENTIAL SIZE

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

rickf
General
General

Re: M151 DIFFERENTIAL SIZE

Unread post by rickf » May 6th, 2019, 8:12 am

You notice it has not hit anything for quite some time, it is a door stop now. You can see the pipe imprints on it, I used it to drive a 40 foot well pipe in the ground many years ago so it was all swinging over my head. Ah the younger days of health. I actually have two of them, but I don't know where it is right off. The handle was straight when I was using it, it got bent when I accidentally ran over it. I should put it in the press and straighten it just for good looks.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: M151 DIFFERENTIAL SIZE

Unread post by raymond » May 6th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Several years ago, I helped drive a sand spike down into St Peters sand that underlies the Mississippi valley to hit sweet water for the local ball field. The old one filled up with lime. Local old timers said that was a job that needed done about ever 20 years for the local Khoury League. St. Peters Sand puts out good water that is essentially fossil water that is sand filtered from the Great Lakes down the Mississippi Valley on it's underground journey to the Gulf of Mexico. Go too deep and you hit that nasty iron rich rotten egg smelling sulfur water.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus