Philippine Marines MUTT

This is a spot for posting those old photos of your service days, your favorite tractor, whatever...Don't be shy we all love looking at pictures! No Nekkid People though, this is a "G" rated site!

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Spike
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Spike » December 13th, 2007, 10:44 pm

Not enough "previous planning" :lol:

If that is a staged model the guy is darn good. Even has the license plate reflection on the road. I believe they are parked on concrete.
As iron sharpens iron ...

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by 64 M151 » December 13th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Spike wrote:Not enough "previous planning" :lol:

If that is a staged model the guy is darn good. Even has the license plate reflection on the road. I believe they are parked on concrete.
Nope! they are parked on dirt. Here is a nother tell tell sign. Look at the shawdos under the MUTTS. They are not uniform.

Later Joe
" Apply The 6 P theroy" (Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)"
" When something becomes FUBAR We Blame it on SNAFU Then Try to SWAG Our Way Out of it"
"Just my Wooden Nickels worth"

Jay Mallari
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread post by Jay Mallari » December 14th, 2007, 5:35 am

Hi Joe. I got the pics from an airsoft web site in the Philippines here is the link http://www.airsoftfaqs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=188
Take a look at the pic of the rear of the mutt in another photo from that web site. Hopefully, that would convince you of it's authencity.
Just look at the stainless steel fording exhust pipe and compare it with the previous photo :D
Our soldiers are poorly equipped and most of their equipment comes from US aid. Our motorpool mechanics are very resourceful.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Toyota engine in one or two of those mutts.

The area where that took place (Makati) is the financial district of the Philippines so it's a concrete jungle.
As for the stainless jeepneys in the other pic, my theory is that these were kept indoors overnight and put out on display after a heavy
downpour along the side of a main road. Keeping them secured indoors is a common practice among vendors as you can't take any chances
with car thieves. I know thats a main highway because of the kilometer marker " KM19 B4" at the right side of the pic. My guess is that this was
somewhere in Cavite or Batangas.

Jay

toptiger
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by toptiger » December 15th, 2007, 5:44 am

great site and pics- ever notice that soldiers on the 'right side' always look like soldiers... strac unforms, clean shaven and close cut hair, buffed out and well fed... while the guys on the other side always look like they are stealing something and got caught between the headlights at night.
Hope they are cleaning up Mindinau.
Even the special ops guys on the 'right' side' look like soldiers even with their cover.....Just a thought.
Author M-151 MUTT, The Vietnam Jeep
Paper edition http://www.blurb.com/books/1646321
IOS ebook iBookstore: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id598605516
2 M151A2s, M416 trailer, M274A5 Mule,
Former Army Aviator, Bien Hoa, VN 1968-69
Mustang Gunship Platoon Commander
68th Assault Helicopter Company 'Top Tigers'
Central Florida and France