Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

mrdibbles
Colonel
Colonel

STE/ICE-R Engine Analyzer for M151 and HMMWV

Unread post by mrdibbles » August 25th, 2008, 6:21 pm

Hey Guys-
I wanted to let you all know that I have 10 units of real nice recently calibrated STE/ICE-R Engine Analyzers. These cost the Government over 7K each! If anyone is interested please let me know. I have seen these sell from $400 on up to something like $700 each. I'd like to offer them here for $225 each. I think there is an additional cable you'd need, and maybe some other fittings, to get these to work on an M151. I am pretty sure these are ready to go, right out of the crate, for anything HMMWV oriented. Someone here on the forum might be able to tell me more. Shipping is about $60 per unit (give or take... these weigh in at 50 lbs.)
Regards,
Matt-

P.S. The pictures below are representative of the lot. The one you get may not be this one but they are all in similar shape and are complete... minus maybe one brass fitting (available at plumbing stores). Oh and I am not able to export these... under penalty of death from Uncle Sam. US shipping locations only please.

1992 Mercedes-Benz 250GD Wolf - Former German Army
St. Augustine, Florida

Fil Bonica
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: STE/ICE-R Engine Analyzer for M151 and HMMWV

Unread post by Fil Bonica » August 25th, 2008, 6:34 pm

Everything you need to operate on a 151 should be there. Un like the Hmmwv it only uses the test cords. I have used mine on the on the A2 .Not the most user friendly so a manual would be helpful.

Fil Bonica
K1ABW

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » August 25th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Nice price on these, Mr.D. Are you now bidding on DRMO items :?: Seems that over at G503, someone had posted a link at one time in the past on one of the other forums where you could download the manual telling you how to set it upf for different vehicles (the M151 was one of the vehicles included) in PDF format. The M151 section might be something good to have in the manuals downloads if someone has it in PDF. That being said, in the 11 years I have owned my M151, I have found that there were very few engine problems that cannot be solved with a brain, a copy of the 20 manual, a multimeter, a timing light, and a vacuum gauge. The vacuum guage is probably the most overlooked and yet most useful of tools for diagnosing engine problems. It can diagnose at least a dozen engine conditions from timing, to valve clearance issues to running rich to running lean to vacuum leaks, etc. However, the brain is usually most unused or in my case, misused of tools. :oops: Here is a link that will give you the basics of using a vacuum gauge.

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/186.cfm

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... i_n8978956
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

mrdibbles
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by mrdibbles » August 25th, 2008, 7:47 pm

Hey Raymond-
You got it.... I did get these through DRMO. I guess it's just kind of landed in my lap (this DRMO thing) and gives me an outlet to the hobby. I am pretty much done with my A2 so I keep looking for other ways to have fun. Lack of room for another vehicle keeps me from adding to the fleet and has the side benefit of keeping me from bidding on Dueces and Scrap Metal. So... here we are... Analyzers all over the place :lol:
Matt-
St. Augustine, Florida

Floyd
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Floyd » August 26th, 2008, 9:41 am

mrdibbles wrote: Lack of room for another vehicle keeps me from adding to the fleet. Matt-
Super price on the Analyzer Matt. Looks like it might be time for a bigger place. :)

Floyd
1961 M151
1967 M416
1988 M35A2C
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member

mrdibbles
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by mrdibbles » September 26th, 2008, 8:53 pm

Hey Guys-
If anyone is interested I am reducing the price for folks here in the G838. I have been selling these on Ebay for about $175 each (plus $60 shipping). I just sold one for $187.50 + $60.00 for shipping. Even at that price I think that's a heck of a lot lower than I have seen then go for (in previous auctions). Seldom do you ever see them complete... these are.

Needless to say I don't need to sell them for a lot to make back my $$. For folks here I will sell them for $200.00 and that includes shipping to anywhere within the Continental United States. These weigh in at 48 pounds so shipping isn't cheap :oops: Sorry I can't ship these internationally.

Below is a link to my latest auction. I think I have 6 left... maybe 5. They are complete and most have been recently calibrated.
Regards,
Matt Wilson-

Link to my latest auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0258517058
St. Augustine, Florida

cstaup
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by cstaup » September 26th, 2008, 11:13 pm

Mr. D, I am soooo sorry to state this. I HATE the STE-ICE!!

It acctually brought on nightmares in AIT. Yea, ..... I was the platoon guide.

I see those pics and want to barf.

Good luck on the sale though
Last 2Δ Command Group NCOIC