Another bogus gun "buyback"

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

raymond
Major General
Major General

Another bogus gun "buyback"

Unread post by raymond » December 14th, 2007, 8:25 pm

St. Louis Mo is doing another one of those taxpayer fund wasting "gun buybacks". I think the only thing that gets turned in is junk and guns used in crimes that the owner wants to get rid of. I should have picked up a bunch of old junkers and turned them in for a little extra jeep parts money. I remember one of these events in the 90's when an old lady brought in a brace of old and very collectible High Standard target pistols that had belonged to her dead husband, many in their boxes. Included were Trophys, Citations, Victors, and even an old Supermatic in the original box with 2 barrels, one being the super rare 10 inch "space gun"barrel, target grips, muzzle compensator, and barrel weights. I have always loved High Standards, and it brought me to tears. The lady got a couple hundred bucks for a collection that at the time was worth many thousands of dollars. :cry:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/s ... enDocument
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GUN CONTROL IS A DANGUROUSE THING

Unread post by 64 M151 » December 18th, 2007, 8:45 pm

If we have gun control of the law bidding and god fearing citizens of this country or any country is a dangurouse thing because the one that would have gun control is criminals and not our government.

Later Joe
" Apply The 6 P theroy" (Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)"
" When something becomes FUBAR We Blame it on SNAFU Then Try to SWAG Our Way Out of it"
"Just my Wooden Nickels worth"